The Membership Committee welcomes visitors, friends and members to our beloved community, regardless of how long they have been coming to UUCMC. We warmly receive them in a number of ways.
Sunday Morning Greeters
- We ensure that visitors feel included in our community from the moment they enter our doors.
- We ensure that visitors have their questions answered and find out how to learn more about Unitarian Universalism and UUCMC.
- We welcome returning members and friends and provide any assistance they may need.
- We provide follow-up contact with visitors a week or two after their first visit.
Path to Membership
Becoming a Unitarian Universalist (UU) is a matter of free and responsible choice to live ethically and morally and to work toward developing a strong spiritual center. UUs are not obligated to accept a specific creed. The absence of a creed does not mean that UUs can believe anything they want. It does mean that we each create our own belief statements based on our seven religious principles. We view our religious practice as a dynamic experience that evolves over the course of a lifetime.
The Membership Committee works with our Minister, The Reverend Virginia Jarocha-Ernst, and our Religious Education Director, Michelle Creech, to offer a series of Path to Membership workshops. These workshops provide an introduction to Unitarian Universalism and to the benefits and responsibilities of becoming a member of UUCMC.
Collaboration with Other Ministries
The Membership Committee works closely with others in the congregation to create a respectful, joyful and supportive community that encourages the free and responsible search for truth and meaning for people of all ages.
The Membership Committee works with the Office Manager, Minister, Director of Religious Education and the congregational leadership to maintain accurate lists of members, friends, and visitors.
We need your help. Here's what you can do:
- Provide ideas for making this place even more hospitable
- Welcome everyone every time you are here
- Volunteer to greet on a Sunday morning
- Let us know if you haven't seen someone for a while
For more information about the Membership Committee please contact